Tuesday, June 14, 2011

NARS Blush in Super Orgasm

Best Blogger Tips






What the Label Says

Made with transparent pigments for a soft and sheer look. Imparts a natural, healthy glow for any skin tone and may be worn alone or layered together for more depth and intensity.

Provides a sheer, natural hint of color
Made with transparent pigments to avoid heaviness

Shades:
Comes in a broad selection of shades
Super Orgasm - Peachy Pink w/ gold glitter

Weight:
0.16 oz. 4.8 g 

Price:
$27 at NARS and Sephora
P 1,350.00 at Rustan's


Swatches

SEE HOW HUGE THE GLITTERS ARE?
READ MY TIP BELOW ON HOW TO AVOID  LOOKING LIKE A DISCO BALL WITH THIS BLUSH.



*
NARS blushes are expensive, It's not something you can buy at a whim. It took me a long time to buy my first NARS blush, the cult favorite - Orgasm. Sadly though, it did not show up on my NC35 skin.  I will post a comparison between Orgasm and Super Orgasm soon.

For those seriously addicted to blushes, NARS blushes are a must-have in every blush collection. I personally think every girl should have at least 1 NARS blush. I have 4, and i'm slowly building my collection even if they're such a pain in my pocket. They're expensive yes, but they're sooo worth it!

I bought NARS Super Orgasm because of my failed relationship with Orgasm. I read from reviews that if Orgasm doesn't show up on you, Super Orgasm will definitely will. There are already so many reviews about this blush so i'll just make a quick rundown.
  

The Good
 - unlike Orgasm, Super O showed beautifully on my skin
- heavily pigmented, unlike Orgasm.
- when applied lightly, color looks natural on me (I'm NC35 with olive undertones). 
- looks VERY good on photographs. gives a dewy look to the cheeks
- as aptly described in their website, Super O is a true peachy pink
- the lasting power is GREAT! i have combination skin, so ordinary blushes normally last up to an hour only on me, this lasts all day long!
- texture is velvety and smooth, very easy to apply
- contains a lot of product. this will last me a long time.
- this is my favorite among my 3 other NARS blushes (Orgasm, Deep Throat, Luster)


The Bad
- the annoying CRAZY glitters!!! They're super duper mega HUGE! 
- as most NARS blushes, they're biggest letdown is their packaging. they come in this matte rubbery compact that easily attract dirt. 

Tip
 Avoid applying the huge chunks of glitter on your face by tapping of your brush before applying. 
To get a more natural flush, apply using a stippling brush with a light hand. 


Final Verdict
A+++++

One of my HG blushes! This Super Orgasm is love!


*






5 comments:

  1. Super O is such a pretty shade. The only gripe I had with it back then were the glitters! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Pammy: yes super o is indeed very pretty sis. there are a lot of dupes out there but nothing really comes very close to Super O. IMHO.

    ReplyDelete
  3. agree mas pigmented nga ang SO compared to O...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Did you know you can create short links with Shortest and make cash from every click on your short urls.

    ReplyDelete
  5. If you're looking for an excellent contextual ad network, I suggest that you take a peek at Chitika.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts!