Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Review I NYX Auto Eyebrow Pencil in Light Brown and Taupe

Best Blogger Tips


I am not blessed with thick eyebrows. I personally think i have the sparsest, thinnest eyebrows in the world. Without eyebrow makeup, i'd look like an alien. No Joke. This is why i never leave the house without my eyebrows made up. It's just too scary.

For the longest time now i have been very loyal to MAC Browset in Beguille and In2It's eyebrow cake powder. They're my eyebrows bestfriend. I got NYX's Auto Eyebrow Pencil because they were cheap (P175 only) and the colors seemed pretty in online swatches.  

NYX Auto Eyebrow Pencil in Light Brown is a scary color for me. It's just too yellow and looks very fake on my eyebrows.

 

NYX Auto Eyebrow Pencil in Taupe looks very pretty when swatched. Unfortunately though the color was just too light for my eyebrows, and it was difficult to make it show up on my brows. I had to rub them in real hard to make the color show.


Here's Taupe and Light Brown swatched side by side. The pencil by the way has a brush on one end  which is useful for brushing your brows in place. It's twist-type so you don't have to worry about the hassle of sharpening. It's really very easy to use.

Left: Taupe, Right: Light Brown

Product Specs
Create flawless arches with this eyebrow pencil, a blend of vegetable, coconut and soy bean oil that guarantees a fluid application and sensational color. Use the built-in brush to blend color and style your eyebrows to perfection. Available in 8 shades (Light Brown, Auburn, Medium Brown, Brown, Dark Brown, Taupe, Charcoal, Black) 



Available for P175.00 at Nyx Wholesale PH. (They're the cheapest!) 

The Good 
- they're really cheap
- very convenient and easy to use

The Bad 
- both colors Light Brown and Taupe did not suit me well
- Taupe does not have very good color payoff. I had to rub the pencil real hard to make the color show
- Average lasting power, about half a day

Overall Thoughts
I really wanted to like this product. But sadly, it just didn't work for me. I think i was just unfortunate to have chosen the wrong color, I should have gone with something darker. Damn those online swatches. Will i purchase again? No. But i'll be happy to receive this as a gift, in another color of course. Should you try this out? Considering the price, you should. But be careful in choosing the color though.


Photobucket

















2 comments:

  1. I never really thought of using an eyebrow pencil, but its something I have been thinking about for a while and your are encouraging me! New to your blog and really liking it. Following! XxxX http://thesecondhandrose.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Use this diet hack to drop 2 lb of fat in just 8 hours

    Well over 160,000 women and men are using a easy and SECRET "liquids hack" to lose 2lbs every night while they sleep.

    It's painless and works every time.

    Here's how to do it yourself:

    1) Grab a glass and fill it with water half full

    2) And then do this proven HACK

    and you'll become 2lbs lighter the next day!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts!