Saturday, September 10, 2011

NYX Round Lipstick: Blush, Paparazzi & Haute Melon Review

Best Blogger Tips
It's ME day today. literally. It's just me in the house, and the dog. The husband is out with friends for many rounds of longboard riding. I constantly worry whenever he's out riding because it's just SO hot and unlike us girls, boys usually do not have a pretty good sense of what sunblock & SPF is. 


So while here i am all alone in our very quiet house, i will be reviewing 3 shades of NYX Round lipstick: Blush, Paparazzi & Haute Melon. 

L-R: Blush, Paparazzi, Haute Melon

I love NYX lipsticks, they're inexpensive and come in a wide range of fun colors - from pretty nudes to shocking pinks to bloody reds, pretty corals and outrageous plums and blacks. I was lucky to have found a new reseller that sold these lippies at a cheap price and is based in Cebu. This allows me to save on shipping costs as i normally purchase my NYX lippies from a manila based seller. You can check out her page here Krozer Fashion Shop

I already did a review of the texture and quality of NYX lippies here, so I'll focus more on the color in this review. I've swatched these lippies below and you will notice that Blush and Paparazzi look similar. On the tube, they are almost identical, it's difficult to tell them apart. When swatched  though, Blush is more of a muted rose pink, while Paparazzi is more on the brighter pink side. 

Haute Melon on the other hand is on a totally different plane than the other two. Haute Melon is coral. Orange lipstick has been such a hit since summer and finding the perfect orangey-coral lipstick can be a hit or miss. I realize though that my skin tone matches very well with orange and coral lippies so most of my orange trials have been hits. I'm NC35 (with olive undertones) for reference so it may be safe to say that orange and coral lipstick would flatter morena and tanned skin very well. 

L-R: Blush, Paparazzi, Haute Melon (W/O Flash)

L-R: Blush, Paparazzi, Haute Melon (W/ FLASH)

Blush has a creamy texture which glides on smoothly and is very opaque. It's a very pretty girly pink. The best way for me to describe it would be a muted rose pink. Perfect for everyday wear. One of my favorites. 

Paparazzi has a very creamy texture and it tends to settle on the lip lines so make sure to apply lipbalm first. The color is cool, bright pink on my lips. A pretty color, but not one of my favorites. 

Haute Melon is such a pretty coral lipstick. One of my favorites. It's a bit transparent when put on the lips so you need to layer it a bit to get the color you want. Make sure you exfoliate your lips and apply lipbalm before putting this on though as it tends to accentuate dry, un-exfoliated (if there's such a word) lips. I tried topping this off with Revlon Super Lustrous Lipgloss in Kiss Me Coral and it was sooo pretty! I am in love with Corals! 

Overall, i am very happy with my recent NYX purchases - most especially Blush & Haute Melon. NYX has so many pretty colors I can't wait to try them out. I am currently eyeing Femme, Hot Pink, Peach Bellini on my next purchase. 

What's your favorite NYX lipstick? 






4 comments:

  1. I've been looking for a coral lipstick, and I think Haute Melon would be perfect for me! I have femme and it's too red orange. will try this soon!

    http:\\jaynell24.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been looking for a seller who has Haute Melon! This shade i think is very rare. I can't find it anywhere! Thanks for this! Would love to get it!

    http://clarisselitiatco.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you are looking for an excellent contextual ad network, I recommend that you take a look at Chitika.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Get Information About The Most Recommended New York Attractions - more then 80 New York attractions.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts!