Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Review: MAC Satin Blush in Fleur Power

Best Blogger Tips


I was sorting through my traincase last night when I found this blush. Funny, i do not even recall having purchased this. It looks pretty on the pan, but since I've always been partial towards the sheertone shimmer finish of MAC blushes (this is satin), this did not capture much of my attention.




MAC describes this as soft bright pinkish coral. I will say this is more of a warm pink with a slight hint of coral on my NC35 skin tone. Here is what it looks like when swatched :




Looks pretty right? This is the kind of blush that gives you that natural looking flushed look. This blush is so versatile this would look good on almost all skintones. 


PROS
- highly pigmented so make sure to apply with a light hand
- staying power is very good
- powder is finely milled and applies smoothly
- this blush gives a natural looking flushed look


CONS
- a bit too powdery


FINAL THOUGHTS
Though a pretty color, this is not one of my favorite MAC blushes. As I've mentioned, i tend to be partial towards sheertone shimmer finishes because i love the glow it gives. This being satin, thus almost matte, it lacks that oomph i need in a blush. This is great for a natural everyday look though for office, school, or during casual days. Will i repurchase? Probably no. It will take forever before i hit the pan. 


Do you have Fleur Power? What do you think? 


♥ blushbaby







1 comment:

  1. Love the color of that blush! I'm not into satin and matte finishes though. Like you, I also like those with a little shimmer for a more dewy look.. :)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts!